Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Oooops....Overslept....on the Couch




I like to wake up slowly. The radio alarm comes on and I listen to a country song, the DJ's talk about the latest fun headlines, and I sometimes try and guess the trivia question. This morning was no different, other than my hubby turning the radio off and the t.v. on...geez that is BRIGHT at 5:30 in the morning!

*blink blink* Make my way to the bathroom to retrieve my robe and slippers.

Enter the hallway to hear someones alarm screaming...it is our son's. He's not in his bed, so I assume he had gotten up before the alarm and forgot to turn it off. It is a mid-term day, and this usually means up late/extra-early rise.

Head downstairs to main level. Kitchen light is on, his dog is in her bed, and all is quiet. Open basement door to brightness of lights and son laying on the couch. "Hey, your alarm is screaming upstairs...did you sleep down there?" Son groggily sits up, and with cobwebs in his brain says "Yeah, I guess so.....oh crap!"

I'm not sure the last time I saw him move so quickly. Not only did he get up 1/2 hour later, he had planned to drive to the U this morning, to get in extra study time. This meant that he had to get ready in 20 minutes, in order to beat the morning rush heading downtown. He ate a small breakfast, said he had to skip the shower, and I think I smelled mouthwash as he ran out the door. He arrived at his destination safely, and said he will eat another breakfast when returning home later this morning. I'm betting that he'll probably pass out on that same couch afterwards.

There is another mid-term tomorrow...rinse (hopefully shower) and repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful with comments. We want an open and healthy place for quality communication. There will often be differences in opinions. If we feel your comment has crossed the line we will not let it show. Thank you for your participation! Mama Bear