Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome to the New Year!


Did the Holiday break feel like a really long time to anyone else? Not only were the kids off of school, but my husband took a lot of time off as well. A week and a half felt almost like a month!

Don't get me wrong...I loved the time together. We spent a lot of time as a family unit, playing games, watching movies, baking holiday cookies, etc. I haven't quite put my finger on why the time appeared to be much longer.

My husband went back to work yesterday, and the girls went back to school. Our college son slept until 10:30 -- hey, why not? LOL He still has another 2 weeks off. I did have him go to the grocery store with me -- after all, I love having a helper to bag my groceries ;-) And I made him help me make supper of Emeril's Creole Onion Soup. I believe he actually enjoyed it, and I feel it's important he learn recipes other than burritoes and quesadillas.

Wait until he hears what I have planned for him today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful with comments. We want an open and healthy place for quality communication. There will often be differences in opinions. If we feel your comment has crossed the line we will not let it show. Thank you for your participation! Mama Bear