Sunday, May 31, 2009

Teens, Parties and Late Nights


Yes, I'm dragging this morning. Our twin daughters are turning 17 next week. We were not going to have a friend party for them. After all, we gave them a small, low-key but fun 'Sweet 16' party last year...been there, done that.

We caved.

For about 8 hours yesterday we had 8 of their friends here. They played XBox Guitar Hero, Bean Bag toss, Poker, and Pictionary...to which there were ROARS of laughter coming from the lower level. So much laughter it made us smile and chuckle upstairs LOL And there was pizza, pop and cupcakes. What is it with kids and cupcakes? There are none left!

The hardest part...staying awake. I dozed a few times in my chair between 10 & 11, and when hubby gave me the ok to go to bed I took it. I think he probably fell asleep on the couch until all the friends left at midnight.

The best part was when one of the friends (a boy our girls have known since 3rd grade) told me in the kitchen "Thanks for having this party."

I'm glad we caved :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful with comments. We want an open and healthy place for quality communication. There will often be differences in opinions. If we feel your comment has crossed the line we will not let it show. Thank you for your participation! Mama Bear